Collected questions

Doubts about rules, cards and interactions between them
dr_ether

Re: Collected questions

Postby dr_ether » Fri, 16 Sep 2016, 00:13

Just to make sure.

In combat, the armour roll when you take wounds, is still against the same base strength+modifiers of the unit?

And with the fatigue and racial stamina for each unit, what is the implication of '-'. Does this mean they just ignore fatigue? I imagine so given how vehicles would be immune to fatigue.
Computational Chemist - Goth - Gamer - Freelancer RPG writer - Wargames designer - host of Darker Days Radio - host of Network Zero

AdminFF
Administrador del Sitio

Postby AdminFF » Fri, 16 Sep 2016, 11:45

Theres no armor save in close combat. the number of wounds is the number of casualties. I think theres some errata in the English rules.

And second, yes they are immune to fatigue

Graystoak

Postby Graystoak » Fri, 16 Sep 2016, 12:49

That doesn't make sense. Skills such as Brawler increase a units strength in close combat. Why would you increase strength when there is no need to save against wounds?

dr_ether

Postby dr_ether » Fri, 16 Sep 2016, 15:37

Graystoak wrote:That doesn't make sense. Skills such as Brawler increase a units strength in close combat. Why would you increase strength when there is no need to save against wounds?

Exactly!
Computational Chemist - Goth - Gamer - Freelancer RPG writer - Wargames designer - host of Darker Days Radio - host of Network Zero

Reu666

Postby Reu666 » Sun, 18 Sep 2016, 09:57

I think its a comms issue again, dont forget you dont really take armour saves as such, the armour of a model will make it harder or easier for the opponant to wound, and so brawler makes it easier to wound, as your strength is higher, also it makes it easier to hurt vehicles

AdminFF
Administrador del Sitio

Postby AdminFF » Mon, 19 Sep 2016, 12:20

Brawler rule should say: Increases unit CCAF by X.

Graystoak

Postby Graystoak » Mon, 19 Sep 2016, 13:42

We have been playing close combat with models getting a saving roll and it works really well. We will continue to play it that way even if the official ruling changes.

dr_ether

Postby dr_ether » Mon, 19 Sep 2016, 15:54

AdminFF wrote:Brawler rule should say: Increases unit CCAF by X.

OK good. Well the sooner these errata are sorted the better as I am going to the local games store tomorrow to do a demo.

So for clarity on more core rules to confirm in concrete terms.

Fatigue - Happens for all factions once they have a 3rd phase in a row, and 3 phases in a row is the max allowed. Racial stamina is a left over rule that is not used.

Close Combat - no armour saves (even though the rule book says so) and wounds are directly dealt with no armour saves. (However is Brawler adds to CCAF then I don't see the point of the skill as written since why not add the stat increase directly to the CCAF on the card?).

Reu666

Postby Reu666 » Tue, 20 Sep 2016, 10:01

It is very confusing and to be honest i think Admin you need to be really clear with what the actual rule is, combat can be a huge oart of a game and getting armour saves or not getting armour saves will make a massive difference. the only reason we have ignored the armour saves is no where in the book does it actually describe how to make an armour save roll.

i could only imagine it is meant that;

Armour 1 = 6+ save
Armour 2 = 5+ save
Armour 3 = 4+ save
Armour 4 = 3+ save
Armour 5 = 2+ save

I assume combat with a vehicle wouldn't change as you dont use CCAF, but with a Biped would you make an armour save as they do use CCAF

No matter what, Admin FF could you find out which it is for definite please ?

AdminFF
Administrador del Sitio

Postby AdminFF » Tue, 20 Sep 2016, 11:38

Graystoak wrote:We have been playing close combat with models getting a saving roll and it works really well. We will continue to play it that way even if the official ruling changes.

Sure, you can play as you wish, and maybe you can even improve the game, but heres the explanation for that. In the beginning there were an armor save in close combat. Than means armored troops had and advantage in this case over the rest of the troops, this need to be reflected on the unit point cost. Armored troops were very expensive and, for example, an Ares player could only field few miniatures with this costs. That were a clear disadvantage when shooting. Also, close combat were slower than now and the game used to last two or more turns.

This is why development team decided to go for the insta kill formula. But guys you are the players of Fallen Frontiers and this is YOUR game if people prefer to play this way and it turns out its better for the player we will not hesitate to change the rules since we make it for all of you.

Return to “2.1 DOUBTS”